Brand promotion is the way to inform, remind, persuade convincingly, and influence the consumers to drive their decision towards purchasing the product or service under a brand. The marketing force of a company conducts brand promotion primarily, though the wholesalers and retailers also can do it.
Why Is Brand Promotion Important?
Brand promotion is not only beneficial to business houses but also to consumers and society.
1. Benefits to Business
The most important benefits of branding to the business are that company’s brand can stand out from the competition. Targeted market and customers are reminded and convinced that their brand has been serving them and planning to do so continually in the future. Through this marketing strategy company’s brand can increase the marketing share and existing sales as well.
2. Benefits to Consumers
Quality, price, and availability of the product are some of the important concerns of the customers while shopping; because customer has a wide range of choices, and they also aware of the dishonest vendors and traders who are out there to trick them. Here comes the role of branding which informs about the company’s product or service long before they make the purchase. It saves customers from being tricked by vendors and also saves their valuable time.
3. Benefits to Society
Branding is also beneficial to society as a whole in many ways. For instance, branding means mass production of products which ultimately leads the company to the economy of scale. It means lower prices which every consumer wants. When more and more people are attracted to a certain brand, then it would also require them to hire more people to perform their functions efficiently. Job opportunities are created in this way which is beneficial to society as a whole.
Brand Promotion Methods
There are various brand promotion methods conducted to keep the brand noticeable −
- Organizing Contests − To attract the consumers, various contests are organized for consumers without having them purchase the product and giving away gifts or prizes.
- Promotion on Social Media − When the brand is promoted on social media, it is not perceived as “aggressively trying to sell”, rather as being able to communicate at a more personal level.
- Product Giveaways − This strategy is used for promoting edibles, toiletries, foods, etc., where a small sample is given away to the consumers for a free trial.
- Point-of-Sale Promotion − These items are placed near the checkout counter in the store and are often purchased by consumers on impulse as they wait to be checked out.
- Customer Referral Incentive Programs − This is a way to bring new customers with the help of the existing customers by offering some incentives to the existing customers.
- Causes and Charity − Some percent of the amount after selling the product is donated for a cause or charity thereby promoting the product. Charity and cause are the reasons which induce the feelings of helping in the customers.
- Promotional Gifts − It is giving away of gifts which the customers can practically use, such as caps, key chains, pens, etc. This helps the brand to always remain with the customers and creates an emotional attachment.
- Customer Appreciation − It is organized with the objective of not selling the product or service. It is a way of creating a fond memory attached to the brand. It includes organizing in-store refreshment events with the offer of food treats of pizza, burgers, beverages, etc. This is an effective way to bring new potential customers.
Online Brand Promotions
The online brand promotion comes with the challenge of integrating the marketing mix (putting the right product, at the right price, at the right time) with the multi-channel, multi-device digital marketing.
Online brand promotion leverages the power of the Internet to present the brand to a worldwide audience. But it is a kind of double-edged sword as whatever good a brand has can reach globally so do the brand’s weaknesses. There are various ways to promote a brand online. Such as
Publishing articles, news, spreading business links throughout the web, channeling the promotional schemes and ads towards the target audience, creating and updating the blogs and the forums.
Creating and sharing videos, audio, and pictures of the brand on top-ranking websites such as YouTube.
Creating the company’s business account on leading social networking websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and promoting the brand by gaining new followers.
Engaging in social gaming such as Zynga, Kongregate, etc., under the name of the brand.
Key Benefits of Online Brand Promotion
Some of the benefits of online brand promotion are as follows;
- There are almost no barriers for newcomers, very simple and easy.
- The most interesting part of brand promotion is the automation of certain parts. This means a very big task of brand promotion is performed by few people in a very less time at a very reasonable price.
- Online platforms welcome all the new small businesses that can’t compete in the market because of their lower marketing and advertising budget.
- Tagging technology has made online promotion much easier and measurable rather than conventional billboards and banners.